PUBLIC RELATIONS ACCOUNT MANAGER
PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION REQUIRES A MINIMUM OF FIVE YEARS OF PUBLIC RELATIONS EXPERIENCE. IT IS A SENIOR-LEVEL POSITION AND CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT MEET THIS MINIMUM REQUIREMENT WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
DVA Advertising & Public Relations is seeking a dynamic, creative, and growth-oriented self-starter who is eager to bring their public relations skills and experience to our team. The Public Relations Account Manager will work closely with the Director of Public Relations to strategize, develop, implement, and monitor/track PR activities on behalf of all existing DVA clients. Current key public relations accounts for which the Public Relations Account Manager will be wholly or partially responsible include the following:
- Visit Walla Walla
- Visit the Santa Ynez Valley
- Seattle NorthCountry
- Visit Hood River
- Visit Central Oregon
- Visit Leavenworth
- Tetherow Resort
- SELCO Community Credit Union
- Work with the public relations team to develop and implement annual editorial and content calendars for key clients.
- Participate in strategic planning process with key clients, assisting with development of marketing, public relations, and content management plans.
- Research, write, produce, and distribute a variety of public relations materials including press releases, media alerts, calendar announcements, pitches, invitations, op eds, and other materials as directed.
- Research, build, and manage targeted traditional and digital media lists for a variety of clients across multiple industries.
- Research, cultivate, and maintain current key influencer lists for relevant clients, and identify opportunities for influencer partnerships.
- Identify and pursue proactive publicity opportunities for clients.
- Interface with agency Digital Services Manager to ensure overall client content management strategies are being effectively executed and maximized, including but not limited to traditional public relations efforts, blog content, social media efforts, and other digital outreach channels.
- Work with travel writers and editors to plan media visits, coordinate logistics with destination partners, build media visit itineraries, and troubleshoot logistics if/when needed.
- Handle market visit logistics including scheduling face-to-face editorial appointments in key markets.
- Participate in weekly and bi-weekly status calls with clients.
- Monitor, manage, and report on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis the public relations results based on PR plans and editorial coverage accomplished on behalf of each client.
- Occasional travel to attend client meetings.
- Occasional travel to key markets for face-to-face media visits, including but not limited to Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and New York.
- Ability to address and respond to urgent needs outside of normal office hours.
- Assist with identifying and pursuing new business opportunities in core industries, including monitoring RFP opportunities and participating in the agency review/selection process as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, or equivalent
- 5+ years of public relations experience, preferably working in an advertising agency, public relations firm, journalism, or related setting
- Preference given to candidates with a strong journalism background
- Knowledge of Cision media database and monitoring software a plus
- A willingness and eagerness to fully embrace the culture of Bend
Founded in 1990, DVA Advertising & Public Relations is a full-service, 15-person agency based in the desirable mountain community of Bend, Ore. With clients throughout the West, we provide a full spectrum of marketing services to clients primarily in the travel/tourism, destination marketing, golf and outdoor recreation, wine and craft beer, and health care and financial services categories.
DVA’s mission, which inspires all facets of the business and emphasizes a results-driven marketing approach, is as follows: “In the crowded landscape of marketing firms that use creativity to find advertising and marketing solutions, DVA exists to utilize creativity as a means to achieve business goals.”
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
DVA offers a competitive compensation package that includes the following benefits for the Public Relations Account Manager position:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Annual performance and compensation review
- 160 paid PTO hours annually
- 10 paid holidays (2020)
- Employee 401k match program
- Competitive health insurance benefits package
- Business development incentive program
Professional references are not required to apply but will be requested from candidates who advance to final interviews.
To be considered as a candidate for this position, please submit cover letter, resume, and a minimum of three writing samples to email@example.com.