Career Opportunity: Art Director
We are seeking a proactive, enthusiastic art director who thrives on bringing creative solutions to our client’s business needs through compelling and thoughtful concepts and designs across digital, social, web, and traditional media landscapes. The ideal candidate will have a strong grasp of current marketing trends with the ability to bring fully integrated marketing campaigns to life from concept to execution against established deadlines and budgets. The art director will work alongside and under the direction of the creative director to collaborate with agency accounts and creative teams, execute and present their work to clients, and direct final production, from photoshoots to video and print production.
- Work from a creative brief with a copywriter, digital strategist, or other team members, generating concepts to present to the client
- Develop designs and layouts to produce effective advertising campaigns
- Create a range of cross-platform digital work such as responsive social media ads, websites, landing pages, emails, and banners
- Take ownership of print projects from concept and design through the printing process
- Manage multiple projects and work within set budgets and established timelines
- Commission and direct specialists, such as web developers, artists, photographers, and videographers, as necessary
- 5+ years of experience as an art director/designer
- A portfolio reflecting relevant campaign work
- Experience developing integrated campaigns across multiple platforms with an emphasis on digital
- A thorough understanding of digital design best practices, UXD, and emerging trends in digital and social media
Strong conceptual, presentation, and client-facing skills
- A flexible approach and willingness to adapt your ideas to the needs of clients
- Proficient use of Adobe Creative Suite. WordPress experience is a plus
- Deep knowledge of photography, typography, and printing techniques
- Expert knowledge of four color printing process
- Ad agency experience preferred but not required
Our ideal candidate should:
- Be highly creative
- Work well as part of a team with a range of people and personalities
- Be able to perform under pressure
- Have an eye for detail
- Self-motivated with a desire to expand knowledge
This is an on-site position. Candidates need to be in or willing to move to Bend, OR.
E-mail cover letter, resume, and portfolio links to:
Career Opportunity: Account Manager
We are seeking an account manager to manage multiple existing accounts ranging in size from $25K up to $750K annually. Working closely with the director of client services, the account manager will be the point of contact for assigned clients, leading the team toward strategic advertising and marketing initiatives that produce client results and foster a strong partnership between the agency and the client. The account manager will manage the day-to-day execution of marketing programs, planning, and overall marketing consultation, and will also be responsible for account profitability and will be instrumental in new business efforts.
- Be conversant in agency capabilities and utilize those tools for client success.
- Maintain regular contact with each client.
- Day-to-day management responsibility for client projects, including deadline and budget compliance.
- Develop proposals, plans, creative briefs, job orders, memos, and updates. Gather team input and ensure sign-off by clients and appropriate DVA staff (creative directors, director of client services, etc.).
- Track progress and results of all marketing initiatives.
- Identify potential new client projects/opportunities and determine the next steps with the director of client services.
- Become involved with traffic, briefings, internal reviews, and general oversight of account details. Ensure the work is on-strategy, on-brand, and approved by all appropriate parties.
- Initiate and review media plans. Provide project insights to media planner/buyer. Be conversant with new media opportunities, including online strategies.
- Know what’s being spent, where, and why. Ongoing management of internal financial documentation.
- Help the director of client services meet and/or exceed income forecast for the year.
- Be actively involved in new business brainstorming and pitches.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing/communications.
- Minimum of five years working in the advertising industry, preferably on the agency side of the business.
- Knowledge of and experience with all disciplines (media, account service, creative, production, event marketing, direct marketing, and online advertising).
- Comfortable with an integrated marketing communications approach – account services works closely with creative teams to solve client challenges.
- Experience with non-traditional marketing strategies would be beneficial.
- Computer skills: Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Drive/Docs/Sheets/Slides, as well as with the Mac operating system.
- Ability to quickly switch from one client to another and one project to another several times a day
- Courage to fight for the right solution with the client and with the creative teams
- Desire to teach clients and those around you
- High energy and willing to work the hours necessary to get the job done
- Desire for work and a strong sense of ownership
- Self-motivated, resourceful, quick learner
- Self-confident with an open-minded approach
- Articulate with well-developed presentation skills
- Detail-oriented and proficient with numbers
What we offer
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Attractive benefits – healthcare, 401K match, new business incentive, annual bonus
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Variety of clients, high-profile client roster at a growing agency
- Fun, laid-back work atmosphere that cares about the development of the individual and prioritizes quality of life
- Desirable location of Bend, Oregon, featuring a variety of year-round outdoor activities, dining and shopping, beautiful scenery, and weather
If interested, please e-mail your resume, professional references, and cover letter, including salary history and requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(No phone calls, please. All inquiries are treated in strict confidence.)